Monday, March 3, 2014

All Good News from St. David’s Hospital 2014

We have been so busy the last 10 days, I have not had time to sit at our home computer and write a blog.  I have been able to respond to e-mails andDSCN0172 face book stuff do to my wonderful Samsung 7” Tablet.

2014-02-27 17.42.52Anne-Marie had her double fusion on Monday, 2/24/2014 with no problems, Dr. Loftus expected very good results.  She had a very hard time for the 1st 2 days as she did not assimilate with the narcotic pain killers.  One of the few flower Children of the 60’s that never did drugs, she hallucinated and her mind, “Went to a bad place”.

This picture of her in sweats is 4 days post surgical, no pain killers and she walked about 500 feet.  She is now in a rehab. facility where she will have PT for several days before coming home.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch I sold her beloved PT Cruiser to a needy your girl at the campground as we have no use for DSCN0170it.  I am replacing it with a stick shift small car the we can tow with the motorhome.

I found this rather profound reminder od the necessity or rapid intervention for stroke victims posted on a wall at DSCN0173the hospital.  It is so important to get fast medical attention to folks who display classic signs of stroke or cardiac distress.  As volunteer E.M.T.s Anne-Marie and I helped and cared for lots of victims, the several time I know I saved a life were when I was able to intervene on one of these folks.

I have other news that I will blog later this week as time allows.  In closing, it was 74° yesterday {Sunday} when I went to church.  On the way home from the hospital at about 5:00 it was 28°!  The wind chill this morning is 3°.  This is damn cold in the neck of the woods.

Just so you single ladies out there know, I’m taking care of myself.  Last nights dinner consisted Double Cut Lamb Chops!of double cut lamp chops sautéed in garlic and capers, baked potato.  The vegetable was corn which had been squeezed and served in a Maker’s Mark glass.

Yes, it was wonderful!

No comments :

Post a Comment