Friday, February 21, 2014

This is the end of our Spring Fling for 2014

image

We stayed at Lynn and Mickey Wait’s lot (#11) in Yuma for 2 days after are arrival back into the U.S.A..  It is in a very nice devolvement in The Foothills of Yuma.  They have 3 spots with 50a 3-way hookups.  Thanks Lynn & Mickey, we rejoiced in long showers after boon docking for a month or so.  We replaced our food and beverage supply and had Anne-Marie’s blood work done.

We drove to another favorite stop, 2 days at the Escapee’s CG in Benson, AZ (#12).  We are always warmly greeted there, we had beautiful desert sunsets and I’m told the mornings were nice for those that arose to meet them.  I started to have a ‘husky’ sounding voice, a new manly man persona?

#13 is our 2 day stop a Deming NM.  Note that this is shown as #4 & #13, this is because we stopped both east and west bound at several places.  At the Schaffer’s suggestion, we went to The Adobe Deli about 8 miles out of town.  This link has great pictures of the eclectic eating place that featured COLD Beer.  Me? I’ve lost my appetite and just wanted to rest as I was spending most of the evenings coughing.

Our next stop (#14) was Fort Stockton for 1 night.  Close to 300 miles, it seemed to be trans continental to this driver.  Beautiful road where the 80 MPH speed limit encouraged me to step us up to 70 mph.  Good dinner at home and early to bed, tomorrow I’m going to ‘Seal The Deal’ and land this old girl in Georgetown (#15).

DSCN0167-001

The trail from Fort Stockton into the Round Rock  consists of primarily good 2 lane farm roads.  Being Texas the speed limit is 70mph, watch out for livestock!  At the half way point is the town of Mason, this is photo of it’s bank.

Long suffering readers may remember I was issued a speed warning by a Brother Mason there last year.  He missed me this year, he was an upright fellow!

 

Anne-Marie takes care of my eyeglass cleaning, I hand them to her and she sprays with alcohol and wipes them.  She gave them back and I couldn’t see.  I handed them back to her and she looked my eye and said, ‘Oh Stink’.  It was so yucky I will not post a photo here.  We phoned our doctor and made an appointment for the next day. 

The next day we recovered Anne-Maries soon to be sold PT Cruiser and went to the doctor who seemed to be somewhat overwhelmed by DSCN0169-001the extent of my condition.  Today the doctor who is doing Anne-Marie’s cataract surgery (after her back heals) saw me on an emergency basis.  It appears that I have a rather rare infection of Viral Conjunctivitis which is highly contagious and not treatable with antibiotics being a virus.

 

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment