Wednesday, March 5, 2014

She’s Home! 2014

Ashes

What Day is it?  Did you answer ‘Hump Day’ ?  Sister Margret Mary will crack your knuckles with her ruler!

Ash Wednesday here.  What will you give up for Lent?IMG_2870

More important to me is that it is homecoming for Anne-Marie.  She came home last night and slept like a baby.  This morning she was able to pose for a picture and say thanks for all the cards & prayers.

IMG_2869

Yesterday did not start well with rarely seen ice cover here in Texas.  The bridges and Fly Overs had black ice, traffic was snarled for miles.

One of my neighbors gave me a ride about 80 miles South to pick up the Subaru that we will be using for a ‘Toad’ behind our new coach.  The day continued to be bleak as the car seized a front wheel bearing after 30 miles.  I had it towed into a local Firestone Service Shop where it was repaired and it’s ready to go this morning.

IMG_2864

 

 

I’m shown here with R.W.B. Rickee Lee Allen who is the Master of Henry Thomas Lodge #278 in Smithwick, Texas.  He’s smiling because He’s about 5” taller than I am.  I’m smiling because I drove on circles looking for the lodge.  There is no real address on the website, my GPS could not find it and my i-phone was out of range from the civilized world!

The fellow who sold me the Subaru had a hobby business fabricating desk and floor lamps using cast of material he finds in junk yards.

IMG_2859

No comments :

Post a Comment