Monday, July 1, 2013

On Route to Canada tomorrow 2013

I hope all our plans and preparations are satisfactory to He who watches over all of us.  I’ve certainly done my best!

On Sunday we treated ourselves to a breakfast in town.  Pulling into the parking lot, I noticed a commotion near the handicapped parking.  Investigation showed that an elderly fellow had fallen, with his walker.  He was conscious, alert and complained of no more injury the a IMG_2330slight laceration on his forearm.  Did I mention he was feisty?  I helped him to his feet, low and behold it was Chester Rogers who I had recently presented my Grand Master’s pin to!  He announced we were going to breakfast.  I had a ‘senior omelet’, he had a full order of French Toast, eggs and sausage!  Chester opined that his age should be attributed to his waiting to the age of 80 before retiring from the Tool & Die trade.

Today he called me and wished us safe travels.  He went to the hospital, they are concerned that one of his artificial hips may be injured.  I called his Master and told him of the situation, he will follow up.

IMG_2332This morning, we were tied up in meetings where our itinerary was discussed.  This is the first commercial caravan we have been on.  Adventure Caravans has about 30 years experience which is comforting.

DSCN2635

No comments :

Post a Comment