Sunday, June 30, 2013

We’re Ready for Alaska Adventures 2013

I mentioned on FaceBook last week that I had visited the ‘Old Geezer’s Coffee Hour’ at the Masonic Temple last Saturday morning.  The three Lodges Sthat meet in this fine building all work in harmony as shown by the Saturday and Tuesday morning coffee hours which are open to all Old Geezers. Euclid Lodge #58 has a most impressive electronic Trestle Board that you may enjoy viewing. 

I was lucky enough to meet Worshipful Brother Chester Rogers who sat in the east of San Diego Lodge #35 in 1969.  His 98 years don’t seem to slow him down too much.  He was very pleased when I presented him with M.W.B. Simon Laplace’s pin.DSCN2637

 

Anne-Marie has been busy stocking up the trailer as she is concerned that we will starve of the great north west that we will traveling in.  During our 5:00 attitude adjustment period we have been assured that we will touch civilization every several days.

Last item on my ToDo list was to fix my rear clearance & tail lights.  This was caused by a hot wire that was open somewhere in the bowels of the trailer.  I bypassed the pesky thing and all is well now.  We will top the tank up with $3.81 diesel juice, I’m sure that is the cheapest we will see for the next 6,000 miles.DSCN2642

Anne-Marie enjoys the tax free shopping and no bottle deposit in Montana.  I am not as excited that it’s Bourbon prices at about double those in New Hampshire and Arizona.

We received the good news that The Calgary Stampede has recovered from the flooding of 3 weeks ago and will go on as promised. Although neither of us are rodeo buffs, we have been assured that this event is a great piece of showmanship that we will long remember.  Bring it on!

DSCN2641

No comments :

Post a Comment