Friday, June 28, 2013

Fixing Glitches in Great Falls 2013

Sometimes all this fun turns into work.  I’ve scheduled wheel bearing repack for the trailer this afternoon.  That means the we will be Tearing down and resetting today.  The Yankee in me really hates to pay $250 to do a service that will use about $50 worth of parts.  I just cannot carry all the tools with me to do this stuff.  Things got better here, Dick’s Campground had a 25% off coupon for this service.

Our trailer tail lights and rear (only) clearance lights are on vacation.  Most surely a bad ground wire, I‘ll look into that today.

Alaska at this time of year is cold enough to need some heat at night.  I’ve removed our space heater in the interest of more room, it is stored inDSCN2617 Georgetown, TX of course so our furnace wouldn’t fire yesterday.  This is usually caused by a bad ‘sail switch’ which serves to check for airflow before introducing gas to the party.  The Wing Nuts that installed the furnace did not use a plug-in for the wires, they saved 37 cents and wired it direct.  I had to cut the wire harness to remove and extend it a foot so I could reinstall.  P.I.A. working on the floor in tight quarters.

I took the Dodge to a local dealer for routine maintenance .  I wasn’t too surprised that after 80kmi, she needed front brakes.  I was surprised that it had a front pinion leak and an issue with the EGR system.  They also reflashed the computer and changed a tie rod component which was a recall item.

IMG_2328Anne-Marie had maintenance done on her feet.  Her expenditure was way lower that mine!

DSCN2629

DSCN2630

DSCN2631

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not all work here, we did have time to visit the C.M. Russell Museum. A very good stop which was sweetened when Anne-Marie score a beautiful wool jacket at huge discount as it had a broken zipper.

DSCN2632We are leaving for Canada & Alaska on Monday.  We will be turning off all of our data sources (I-net & smart phones) until September 1st or so depending when we come back into the states.  I will have intermittent Wi-Fi so I will be able to download text mail {please do not send files} and our blog updates.  Our phones will be on, the coverage is very poor.DSCN2628

2 comments :