Thursday, January 10, 2013

Texas to Yuma is 1,100 miles 2013

DSCN1752I guess I’ll start this entry at the end.  We ran 1,100 miles in 4 days, doesn’t sound like much but when towing 12,000 pounds it is plenty for this fellow.  95% of the roads are as straight as an arrow and have 75/80 mph speed limits.  This screen shot shows me cruising at 74mph in an 80mph zone on I-10.  I have 603 miles to my next exit and the road is a straight line.

Not without some excitement.  There are two way to lower the TV antenna; The conventional way is via the handle in the bedroom, the other way is to blow it off the roof.  Our choice was the later, giving us a topic of discussion fro the next few hours.

DSCN1756

 

 

This activity has caused my lower back to make it’s unhappiness known.  Stacked onto that is a visit from a respiratory infection.   We have both had a flu shots {hope you had yours} and will just lay low for a few days in Yuma where me are ensconced on BLM land about 5 miles out of town.

We are allowed 14 days at these sites for $0.00, this Yankee loves it!  There is a ‘Host’ who has hookups, we dry camp which once learned is no real problem as we have modified our rig to do it with ease.

This afternoon, 500 watts of solar panels will be installed.  Should cut generator use by 90% 

DSCN1768

 

 

DSCN1766

 

Our next stop will be in Quartzite.  Please, no e-mails with attachments as I-net is very slow in the desert and Mexico.

No comments :

Post a Comment