Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Visiting Anne-Marie’s Grand Patron, pleasant memories 2012

 

DSCN1540

We had a great time visiting with Don & Phyllis Brushaber while in the Orlando area.  It was our good fortune in this trip through the looking glass to draw them as neighbors for 7 days.

Our next stop brought us to a very nice park in Haines, Florida, Central Park could well become a spot to spend some long term time at.  It is quite large, has very friendly group of SnowBirds and is close to all required amenities.  IMG_1626During the evening, I often plant myself in front of the rig, read my book and dispense cookies to the local dogs that are walking their people.

IMG_1628DSCN1541

We found George and Ruth Reed in great health and spirits, active in Church, Lodge and O.E.S. Chapter.   For the uninformed, George was Anne-Marie’s Grand Patron as she went up the Grand Officer line in Connecticut during the mid 90’s.  They report that their children and Grand Children are also thriving.

George and I went to his Lodge on Monday evening, Travelers Lodge #390 located in Lake Alfred, Florida.  We had wonderful pre meeting dinner.  They meet on the 1st Saturday at 9:00, preceded by a breakfast, on the 3rd Monday they meet at 7:30, proceeded by a dinner.  The name ‘Travelers’ implies correctly that most of their members are transplants. a very diverse group indeed.

 

I was greeted on the level and presented The Master with the last of my 2012 Grand Lodge pins from M.W.B. Gary Arseneau.  He in turn gifted me with a penny stuck with a S&C on one side and a Cane symbol on the other.  This gave me great pleasure as my Father gave me a 14k Cane when I was raised.DSCN1543DSCN1544

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


W:. M:. William B. Stonecipher pictured above as we swap tokens of Brotherhood.  The Brother on the right is W:.B:. Jonathan P. Robinson hailing from Washington Lodge #4346 in the U.G.L.E..  He presented me with a pin depicting the flags of our 2 countries united.  There being no animosities with regards to our rebellion, he gave me the information that our founding father was named after the district that his Lodge is named for.

We are relocating today to Venice, Florida where will spend Thanksgiving with the Maier clan, brings back memories of the 70’s!

No comments :

Post a Comment