Wednesday, November 14, 2012

From the Cutting Room Floor 2012

ParkTrailerOK, you caught me, I’m busted.  I do not have a ‘Cutting Room’.   Anne-Marie did find a bunch of picture on an SD card that was hiding under the seat of my truck.

In no particular order here they are.

Lots of well meaning fols will insist the George Washington Bridge is all butDSCN1515 impassable.  I disagree we try to never cross at mid day of midnight.  Note the speed indicated on my G.P.S.

 

 

 

DSCN1441While visiting Gettysburg, we stopped to pay homage at the Memorial Stone dedicated to Arnold’s Battery.

 

The revision done to this park has brought a great deal of dignity back that was lost in the 60’s when we last visited.

 

 

 

DSCN1434DSCN1433IMG_1409

DSCN1424

You’ve got tp feel a little sorry for the Shriner with injured arm who shows up to find the Beer Booth is closed on the Sedalia Fair Ground.

IMG_1353The Lincoln Museum in Springfield {Illinois, not Mass.}  is not to be missed.

This made me a bit nuts,  The tornado proof room has a security lock!

IMG_1322

IMG_1536

This rather impressive monument on the wonderful Savanna waterfront is dedicated to all of our heroic war dead.  It symbolizes that our world came close to being split several time in the last century.IMG_1538

Relaxing to watch the river boats too.

 

 

DSCN1459

For my Hot Rod Buddies, This is an original nonrestored Dave Strickler driven Chevy 409 Super Stock Car.  This car has had a roll bar installed so it meets current safey requirements to run in nostalgia events.  A major note, the car has 100% of it’s original interior and trim.  These cars were the terrors of the 1/4 mile drag strips, ‘Back in the Day’.  Made famous in song by our Beach Boys in My 409.

No comments :

Post a Comment