Thursday, May 30, 2013

Railroaded in Arizona, A very good time. 2013

th_weekend_0003Yesterday I got the news that our mail scheduled for 5/30 would arrive on 5/31, when we were scheduled to be 200 miles North at The Grand Canyon.  So, I sojourn to the camp office and extend our stay until Saturday.  I do not like to travel on Saturday as the roads are full of weekenders trying to escape the oncoming reality of Blue Monday.

This morning I got an email notifying me that our mail was at the local Cottonwood, Az post office ready for pick-up!

DSCN2241

 

We had a wonderful day on an excursion with the Verde Valley Railroad.  Of course there was some confusion in my mind when I saw this sign.  I waited in this lot for about a half hour until I realized that they did not in fact park trains here, there were no rails.  Was I wrong to assume so?

I took to many pictures to show here.  Please click on the link below to see them.  The ride was 4 hours, there was good A/C in the inside cars and each car was followed by an open car for sight seeing.  Light snack and Adult Beverages were served, the crowd was fun.  The Experienced citizens of $49 was fair when you realized this was the only revenue this line makes.

IMG_2247

 We had dinner at the local Moose Lodge which was having their weekly ‘Family Dinner’ which consisted of roast chicken, a potato casserole, veggie, desert and coffee for $7.  Add up 2 Shiners for me and it was only $25 if you count all the lottery tickets we bought.

IMG_2249As you can see they had (and always have) a large crowd.  Friday night is steak fry, how can I miss it!

Last minute change, we got our mail!  Being afraid the bill collectors will catch us, we will move to The Grand Canyon tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment