Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hoppy New Year 2013

imageHope this fellow finds you ready for the New Year.  He wants to jump in and test the water, Do You?

We have no redundant boring election to worry about.  I’m sure you got enough of that so I’ll stop.

We lost a few friends this year in New England.  Life on the road is tuff when you are 2,000 miles away and a friend crosses over the Rainbow Bridge.

We get New York TV feeds which supplement my Facebook addiction.

I’m starting up the learning curve on SKYPE.  My name there is <peter.arnold357>.  Maybe I’ll give you a call when I figure out how to.

We are presently in Georgetown, TX, a pleasant bedroom town about 25 miles North of Austin.  Stopping for a month is good in that we can renew various Church and Fraternal relationships.  We have good services and great shopping.  Highway speed limit here is 80mph which reduces travel times, the roads are wonderful.

I’ve been eating too good, Anne-Marie’s policing of her desires in this area is much better than mine.  Good GAL!

IMG_1764

IMG_1760

IMG_1757

DSCN1595

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1733

 

We will celebrate New Years here at Berry Springs Campground.  Our site and services are good and the price is fair.  The weather has turned cold {Days=50°, Nights °25+}, we are looking forward to moving on.

Here is our Crazy Schedule:  Leave here on 1/5 and move to Yuma, Az. where I have scheduled installation of my long expected Solar System.  This is designed to supply our BASIC electrical needs while Boondocking.  We did this last year in Quartzite and Mexico and had great fun with great folks.

Mid January will find us in Quartzite for a few weeks, than we move to Southern California in preparation of our caravan to San Felipe, MX with The Mexican Connection

On our return to the states, I hope to attend The March Madness in Bakersfield, CA.  I’ve been reading about this meet for about 50 of it’s 55 years.  It is basically a nostalgia Drag Race of huge proportions and fame.

We will than return to Austin area where I have elected to have a surgical intervention on my ailing back.  That will stop us for about 6 weeks.

On to Alaska in June!

No comments :

Post a Comment