Monday, March 17, 2014

Cars were my PIA last week 2014

1901742_715505225136589_81142814_nI’ve got to get out in front of this, put on my ‘Big Boy’ pants and admit I screwed up.  In my rush to find an appropriate tow car {AK.A Toad}, I elected to save a dime and ended up loosing a bunch of dollars.  I bought a Subaru Impreza WRX from it’s owner after a successful test ride, it ran very nice.  Money changed hands as did the title and I was off on my 90 mile ride back to camp.  At mile #40, I seized a front wheel bearing, $400 at Firestone.

Got the car home, worked 3 days putting $400 tow bar brackets on it.  While doing so, I foundIMG_2889 evidence of front end damage in the past.  The A/C quit, a recharge leaked out.  2 day later a front CV joint announced that it was not happy.  It’s a cute little car but I have manned up and have to admit it was a bad purchase.  I will swallow the lose and sell it makeing full disclosure, I’m to damn old to lie about it.

On Saturday we went down to the Austin Car Max to look at a Toyota RAV4 that was on their I-net site.  It is 2wd, stick shift with 4 cylinder motor.  It’s 10 years old, with 49 kmi it is sure to last a long IMG_2900while.  Car Max was VERY GOOD to work with, I highly recommend them.  Their staff gives about as much pressure to buy as the check-out person at a super market! 

Charlie & Sue Schaffer are camped nearby, to our great joy.  We went to dinner twice.  They and The Boles pre-ran the Kino Bay trip that we are leading next year.  The help we are getting setting this up is fantastic, we are assured of a great event with this type of help.

We are off to see Anne-Marie’s Doctor, hoping he releases us to travel.

No comments :

Post a Comment