Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What, Me Run Out of Fuel? 2014

 

Ok, I plead guilty on this count.IMG_2708  We stayed Sunday night in Pecos, TX {P on this map}, it was cold in the morning as we left, I casually looked for a fuel station and could not find one.  No problem, we had a little less than 1/4 tank of fuel.  By the time we got to the ‘X’, I knew we were in trouble.  GPS said I had about 35 miles to closest fuel stop and I was on fumes.  I called Good Sam Road Service, they had to use G.P.S. coordinates to locate my position.  They had a service truck to me in 35 minutes who sold me 10 gallons {$43 plus a tip for the driver} of fuel which was more than enough to get me into Van Horn, TX. (V on map).

 

We went through a Border Security Check on I-10 near the New Mexico Border.  I have no issues with these folks who go in Harm’s way to protect our borders.  Our dash Cow has no fear of the electronic sensors of the Canine patrols.

IMG_2715IMG_2716IMG_2717

 

 

 

 

 

 

1510489_10152145688394015_1831977579_n

We hope that you ’al are coping with the cold weather.  We have not used our exterior water hose for a week as it will freeze at night here.  Good weather for soup and crock pot.

We’ll be in Yuma on Friday, we are moving our solar panels back a couple of feet at StarLight Solar  our preferred dealer and installation source.   After that, the owner Larry Clutcher has arranged installation of a new A/C at a shop near his.

2 years ago while we were in Quartzite we were exposed to several solar companies that had no technical knowledge to speak of.  Their only interest was selling panels and putting them of your roof.  Our friend Charlie Boles suggested Starlight Solar and we have never been unhappy.

No comments :

Post a Comment