Friday, December 6, 2013

Turkey is gone, time to move on 2013

DSCN0014DSCN0012

We had a great time during our stay at Tom & Kathy Moody’s home in Bristol, CT.  Kathy is my Sister, she and tom have been married 47 years {best of my memory) and have two children: Nancy and Mike.Nancy is married to Chad, they live in Glastonbury.

DSCN0009DSCN0010

 

 

Did I forget to mention Polly?  She is the 14 year old springIMG_2618er that serves as a roaming night watchman.  Non union job IMG_2624but has good benefits!

One of Tom’s hobbies is feeding birds.  Note the 6 squirrels that are having a ho-down under one of his bird feeders this morning.

 

IMG_2626

 

On this trip, I introduced a bunch of folks to the wonderment of ZieganBock beer.  This was kind of cruel in that Zieganbock is brewed only in Huston and distributed in Texas. The 4 cases I transported across state lines did little but tease the taste buds.  I’m thinking Carl Larson likes this!

IMG_2610IMG_2613

Our Thanksgiving dinner was at the Rettburg’s home with the whole family represented.  Nobody went hungry here!

We will stay in eastern Connecticut while we visit with friends there, than travel toDSCN0022 Texas via Detroit where we will have another family visit.

I leave you with this thought that I found posted on a wall in MayBerry where we spent a night in Andy’s town.

DSCN0007DSCN0006

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment