Thursday, November 7, 2013

3rd Week at Jim Hogg Lake 2013

Stays in the Corps of Engineers parks are limited to 2 weeks stay.   We asked for a 2 week extension which was granted as the park is only at about 25% capacity.  We’ve had a few days of drippy weather, no we have a cold front which will drop the evening to 40°, the locals will suffer with that, out come the snorkel jackets!

IMG_2571

IMG_2565IMG_2567

IMG_2566

 

 

 

 

 

We have been spend much of the time with our torture sessions at Georgetown’s Physical therapy center.  It seem that we have really hurt our muscle tone in out thighs and lower back by the very long periods of sitting.  The sessions there are not comfortable as they stretch us ‘over center’ in the therapy.  The good news is that they are sure I have done nothing to ‘hurt’ my back surgery of last spring.  Anne-Marie has a different problem, we are going to our neurosurgeon for his evaluation of her recent M.R.I.

IMG_2569I did visit round Rock Masonic Lodge #227 on Monday.  At that time the initiated a new Brother, I was most impressed of the display of Masonic Proficiently that was displayed by 2 of their Entered Apprentices.  All work here is learned ‘mouth to ear’ and is about twice as long as My Connecticut Lodges.

I’m shown here presenting Worshipful Master Patrick Artes one of M.W.B. Simon Laplace’s commerative pins.  I was also happy to see Brother Alex Ortiz sitting in the Marshal's chair, Bro. Alex was raised last spring during one of me visits and visited Meridian Lodge in Connecticut where he was warmly received. His Grandmother is a member of our hospital in Wallingford.

Stay tuned for more news as it happens…

No comments :

Post a Comment