Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Arches National Park 2013

DSCN4052DSCN4053DSCN4054DSCN4055

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Arches National Park’s entrance s about 5 miles out of town.  Having taken Anne-Marie’s descriptive picture we had to drive up the 2000’ tall switch back road to get onto the plateau.  While I have a bunch of pictures, to see great ones go to this link!

The road thru the park is 18 miles one way of easy driving.  With all the stops, it took us 4 hours.  This is high desert, very few critters as there is very little water.

I’m thinking they must have a night shift that comes in and balances all these rocks this way!

DSCN4081DSCN4062DSCN4082

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSCN4075

The Three Gossips are one of the more photographed formations, the master sculptor that makes these formations has been crafting this type of work for thousands of years!

I wish there was some type of size reference for these photos.  I assure you that if I were standing next to them, I would not be visible!

The parks name sake Arches are similar in size, longest free standing arch is 730 feet long.  I limit myself to those that are a short walk from the road as I do not do well with 2 mile+ hikes.

Tomorrow we will tour Canyon Lands another Federal Park.

DSCN4091DSCN4092DSCN4093

No comments :

Post a Comment