Thursday, March 28, 2013

Back in Georgetown for Restoration Work 2013

We returned to Georgetown {North of Austin} for scheduled Doctor’s Appointment, Doing our taxes Sad smileand a scheduled surgery on my troublesome lower back.  Our good and faithful friends the Schaffer’s stopped and visited for a few days on their travel to do a month of volunteer work at CARE.

We had dinner at The Waburg Restaurant, a German restaurant with all the niceties that one would expect.  The hill country on Texas was heavily settled by German immigrants in the mid 1800’s, there are many references to that today.

DSCN1931DSCN1932DSCN1933DSCN1934DSCN1930

  We had to do C.P.R. on the Cruizer to get it back on the road.  We also spent some time shuffling the debris that some left in our storage area.  This stuff is not worth $120./month to save.DSCN1935DSCN1936

Our next door neighbor’s Lab has picked me out as an easy touch for a fee cookie.  I’m thinking this can only be called predatory stalking.  I keeping giving him cookies in hope that he will leave.

Back to my Back

I was admitted to St. David’s Hospital in Austin at 5:00am {this requires 3:00 wakeup with no coffee} as I was the first in line.  This is easily largest and most organized hospital I have ever been in.  They have 6 hospitals in Central Texas with about 1,500 beds.  EVERY member of the staff made it clear to me that my care was their only concern.  As you can see below, I had my very own personnel morphine supplier, all I had to do was push a button and a double of Maker’s Mark was rushed into my system.  This only lasted 2 days as the pain of this ‘minimally invasive’ is not much worse than a backache from a 24” snow fall.  I was us and walking unassisted the evening after surgery.

IMG_2055IMG_2056IMG_2057IMG_2058

IMG_2059The food was remarkably good and served hot as ordered.  I was not automatically put on a no salt, low fat prison food diet as in the case in Hartford.  BTW: Pineapple upsidedown cake is the desert of choice for cowboys of all ages, I've never seen a menus without it.

IMG_2061

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  I am back at home now trying to evade my neighbors IMG_2065vicious dog.  As you can see, The Easter Bunny wasn’t quite so lucky.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment