Saturday, October 20, 2012

Connecticut Fall Visit 2012

IMG_1433

We left Reading, PA on 10/7/2012 for a whirlwind tour of Family and Friends in Connecticut.  We need to catch up with medical appointments, financial consulting, Fraternal visits and vehicle preventive maintenance.

Harry Chapin taught us in song: 

Old friends, they mean much more to me than the new friends,
Cause they can see where you are,
and they know where you've been.

Our ‘Old Friends’, Rick & Connie Knowles again hosted our traveling road show into their back yard.  Their hospitality allowed us a huge conveniance as campgrounds in this are are pretty much shut down at this time of the year.IMG_1441

I visited my 2 Masonic Lodges, Washington #70 and Hartford Evergreen #88.  I was pleased to be with the Brothers.  Both Lodges are busy  planning for state wide open houses and officer elections in December.

We also attended a meeting of Temple Chapter #53, Order of The Eastern Star.  A great time with this group that we have been members of for 25+ years.

IMG_1476

 

This diner is typical to the one that sold $.59 breakfast to me ‘Back in the Day’.IMG_1453  If I was down on cash, I could also get Breakfast at W.T. Grants for $.39!

On the other hand, this is a cross section of a grinder commonly available in this area.  When I was in High School, I would eat a whole one at 3:00pm after school.  Cost?  $.50 for a half and $.90 for a whole.  Add a 10 cent Coke and I had a good after school snack!  Mom put dinner on at 6:00.

I now buy a half and split it with Anne-Marie, feeling guilty…

IMG_1477

 

IMG_1478

Our new furniture finally caught up to us!  We bought it in Elkhart only to find out that the Amish workshop was not able to meet our delivery.  The folks at RV Nation stepped to the plate and absorbed the cost of shipping the sofa to Connecticut.   My friends at UltraCast  received the shipment of our sofa over their dock.  Than, several of the younger {And much stronger} fellows helped uncrate and moved it into our unit.

 

 

 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment