Sunday, September 23, 2012

Escapade 2012 and we were there…

IMG_1390Escapade is the annual Convention of the Escap’s Club http://www.escapees.com/  that we belong to.  This year it was held in Sedalia Mo. at the Fairground.  There were almost 600 RV’s, a good time was had by all.  The picture depicts one of the evening entertainments.

About 40 vendor of RV merchandise were on hand to to fill out needs, both real and imagined.  We signed up with GMAC auto insurance as the have new Mexican Comp & Collision coverage for about $8 on our RV.  Last year we paid $450+ for 2 weeks!

For a little bit of fluff, we bought a new tank level sensor for our 4 holding tanks.  This IMG_1384uses external mounted electronic sensors which are very accurate, removing much of the concern that happens with the previous system which relied on the phase of the moon, at best it gave us a SWAG.

YakofYakof Smirnoff http://www.yakov.com/ was our entertainment on opening night.  He is very funny, giving a 2 hour impromptu performance. It was surprised to learn he has advanced degrees in psychology, the last 1/2 hour he was rather profound in expressing his love for his country and his fellow man.

IMG_1382

 

Of the 1200 people at the event, I was the one reportable injury.  The First Aid folks were withering on the vine when I walked in with blood running down my arm.  I had a pile of blood soaked bandages covering the wound.  I explained that I had fallen down my stairs {truth} and that I had pushed the bone back in [later proven false}.  Note, this happened at 9:00am.  The empty glass in photo at at about 7:00pm and did not contribute to my flying lesson.  I was awarded 8.7 points by our neighbor’s for style after point deductions for inappropriate language.

Note, the wound was really a no account 10 inch abrasion on the forearm, my blood thinners made it appear to be a near amputation.

 

 

 

.

No comments :

Post a Comment