Thursday, August 2, 2012

Noblesville with Charlie & Sue, A time to relax and see some treats

We stayed at River Bend Campground  A small campground with good services and friendly folks.  Our site was river front, sad that the river was very low and Riverbend (3)sluggish.  There was plenty of time to kick back and relax, our Kindles get serious use during this time.

Riverbend (1)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Charlie remarked to me that The Scottish Rite Cathedral was a magnificent edifice, however it shrouded in secrecy and only  could be opened to a select few.  How can a VERY WELL educated man be under such a misprehapperation I wonder.  Well it took me about 10 minutes to find the web site and arrange a tour the next day.

I’m posting a few of my photo efforts, to see the best, go here:http://www.scottishriteevents.org/

Scottish Rite  (3)Scottish Rite  (31)Scottish Rite  (20)Scottish Rite  (38)

Massive Front Doors                        Charlie, Sue and Anne-Marie    Dr. Charlie Schaffer (ret.)     Arch Window

After our 2+ hour tour, we had a wonderful lunch at their cafeteria.  It a good day for Masonry when we can correct a good mans opinion in one morning.

Charlie introduce me to W.B. Drew Carroll, M.D.  Drew was Chief of Neurology at Anderson Hospital, about 10 miles away.  After a consult and review of my condition, he injected the muscles in my lower back with the same drug that had been put into my spine in Connecticut.  This treatment is much less evasive and after repeating several time will give some long term relief.

1 comment :